ANSR is an architects' practice network set up specifically for practitioners to network with each other within their districts.
ANSR encompasses the Sutherland Shire and St George areas and futher south to Wollongong.
How we began
ANSR originally commenced with a series of Friday afternoon meetings
at the Georges River Motor Boat Club. After some time it relocated and
for a number of years consisted of a handful of architects attending
evening meetings at the St George Leagues Club. A glass of wine and
dinner followed the formal meeting allowing informal networking to take
The Southern Architect's Network (ANSR) has experienced exponential growth over the past 2 years.
In order to accommodate more attendees, the evening format changed
into regular breakfast meetings at Bidos Cafe in Ramsgate. As the
numbers grew, so did the disruptions of being in a coffee shop. The
monthly meetings then relocated to MDA offices attracting attendances of
Our current venue, The Teahouse, Camelia Gardens, Caringbah better
caters for the additional attendance, specific talks and sponsorship.
In order to harness the momentum that the ANSR group was gathering,
our first AGM was announced at the 2006 August Seminar and all ANSR
members were invited to attend. Ingrid Pearson of SPUN (Upper North
District Network) was our guest speaker who gave us insight into the
well established SPUN network and the inner workings of the AIA Networks
at State level. Ingrid shared invaluable advice on structuring our
At the inaugural 2006 AGM, office bearers were appointed and a
general consensus was reached in relation to the direction of the
group's future. While it is noted that only a few became office
bearers, there are regular attendees who contribute time and energy to
the workings of ANSR.
Executive Committee Positions
- Chair - Paul Fiegel
- Executive at Large & Communications Co-Ordinator - Paul Panson
- Secretaries - Kon Vourtzoumis & Mark Phillips
- Treasurer - Martha Strangas
- Meeting Coordinator - Paul Panson
- Seminar Coordinator - Ruth Newman
- Sponsorship Coordinator - Belinda Patton
- Website Coordinator - Belinda Patton
- To Promote the profile of the Architecture Profession amongst the
greater community and increase general community awareness about
architect services and its value.
- To facilitate the practise of Architecture at all levels by combining knowledge,
wisdom and experience of the architects within our local practice group.
- To act as advocates in the community and to all levels of government by communicating as a group of professionals;
- To foster professional peer relationships and networking, to
enable associations amongst members to compliment each other's skills,
experiences and resources;
- To extend RAIA representation and activity at the local
geographic network level and to encourage the AIA to be more responsive to the needs of the smaller practices
- To provide continuing education programs compliant with the requirements to the NSW ACT 2003 within our locality
Finally by attending ANSR, and being a regular participant, architects will reap rewards in areas such as knowledge, friendship, support, peer respect and financial gain.